Families are eating dinner at home more often these days. No matter if it’s takeout and delivery or a homecooked meal, lots of family time is being had in the comfort of your own home. But, do you have a few go-to weekly meals? If not, why not change things up with this crowd-pleasing Easy Cheesy Pizza Casserole from The Midnight Baker? We all know the gest of a traditional casserole; they are great for large families, provide leftovers, and can be put together ahead of time and frozen for when you are ready to cook. So give this one a try this week and watch it quickly become a crowd favorite.
- 1 lb of ground beef -or- 1/2 lb of ground beef and 1/2 lb of ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup of ricotta
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of basil
- 1 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 26 oz jar of pasta sauce -or- 1 can of pizza sauce
- 1/8 – 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes depending on your spice preference
- 1/2 of a package of pepperoni slices
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of shredded Provolone
- Additional Parmesan cheese for topping
- Herbed Parmesan Drop Biscuits:
- 2 1/4 cup of biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup of milk
You might also like: Join The Jeep Life
Brown meat in a skillet and drain off the fat. Mix in the sauce and pepper flakes and put the mixture aside. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese with the herbs and Parmesan and set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients for the biscuits. Add milk and stir until combined.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray. Drop biscuit dough by teaspoon evenly-spaced in the bottom of the pan. The dough will expand when it cooks so it is okay if there is space between it. Top with the meat mixture and dot with the ricotta cheese mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 min or until biscuits are puffed and beginning to get golden brown.
Top with mozzarella and provolone cheeses and distribute pepperoni slices evenly over the top, increase oven temperature to 425 degrees and return the pan to the oven and bake until cheeses are melted and beginning to bubble. This should take about 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
This casserole sure is easy and cheesy, and will definitely please everyone at the dinner table!